Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Aurora: Life Is Good

Aurora tells her story: 

"For awhile I had a very special human friend. He didn't have a real home and neither did I, so the two of us lived together in the maintenance shed of an oh-so-upscale apartment community. We had enough to eat, we had shelter from the weather, and we had each other. We were very happy until the humans who live in the apartments complained about the homeless man and his cat. 

"I don't even like to think about what happened to my friend after we got evicted from our shed. But I went to live in the Howard County Cat Club's group home. It was okay there. I had fun, and I was happy, I guess. But I missed my human friend. I wondered if I would ever meet a special person again. 

"Then someone saw my picture on the Internet and called the Howard County Cat Club. She wondered if I'd be a good friend for her dog. Her dog??? She even brought the dog to an adoption show to meet me. We liked each other, sort of...

"We love each other now. And a new cat moved in with us. We live in a big house with acres of woods to play in. Life is good for me now. And my first human friend? I hope he's as happy as I am."

No comments:

Post a Comment